BRINGING TWO LIVES TOGETHER
DELIVERING THE HEALING POWER OF PETS TO SERVICE AND VETERAN MEMBERS OF THE UNITED STATES MILITARY
Some of the ways we transform and save lives is by allowing:
•Veterans with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) regain a sense of purpose and conﬁdence in their futures.
•Individuals living alone are comforted by the security of a constant companion.
•Hard-to-place dogs and cats are given a second chance at life.
•Pets help men and women separating from the service ease the transition to civilian life.
You might be surprised at how a wet nose, gentle paw or wagging tail changes your day and your life – for the better.
HOW IT WORKS:
1. Veteran or military member applies online to Pets for Patriots (petsforpatriots.org) and provides a military ID or a copy of the veterans DD-214.
2. Pets for Patriots will direct the veteran to a local partner shelter to ﬁnd a new pet friend.
3. Shelter will fax completed adoption contract to Pets for Patriots.
4. Pets for Patriots sends the veteran a gift card to be used at a major pet retailer.
5. Veteran takes the adopted pet to a local veterinary partner for discounted care.